Thursday, November 17, 2011

Comments for Kids Summary (November)

Mrs. Yollis's class is awesome. I commented on Shane F's post, A Fun Halloween. His story was clever and funny. I also loved his adjectives to describe the pumpkin house. His character's ironic escape was funny too. Who knew that something as scary as a ghost could be scared away by part of a costume. :) Shane did a very good job and so did all of his classmates. I will follow Mrs. Yollis's example and have my students improve their writing ability while learning how to blog. This way they can get feedback from numerous people and also have a very fun assignment.

My second comment was to Josephine in Port England School in Auckland, New Zealand. She blogged about an immersion assembly titled Outta This World. There were five teams and each of their themes were about outer space. The assembly sounded like a lot of fun and an interesting way to learn about space. One group rapped about the planets and another did a star wars skit. I think this was a superb way to get kids involved with learning.

I had a great time seeing what kids are blogging about! :) this is something I want to continue in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment