Thursday, November 10, 2011

C4K

Landen is a really cool 6th grader in Mrs. Gregory's class. He posts a lot of interesting science facts that impact everybody nearly everyday. The post I commented on was Ear Wax! Turns out that ear wax may be gross but it helps to protect our inner ear. Landen also tells how you can remove any unwanted ear wax.

I also commented on Jake's blog who is also a sixth grader in Mrs. Gregory's class. Jake has a lot of funny and interesting posts. I read many and commented on one about some of his posts. The post I commented on was him asking if he should blog about more than science. I told him that I enjoyed his science posts and I also gave some suggestions about new posts like posting video game trailers or talk about the history and significance of holidays that were coming up (like Halloween). I really enjoyed his posts!

Mrs. Gregory's Blog is really fun. I especially like her method to pick someone to comment on (and my nana would too ;)) It is a little slot machine that randomly turns to a name. However, she doesn't just have a 6th grade class to comment on so don't forget about her 7th grade class as well!

Mr. Avery's class blog is very tech fancy. His kids are doing all kinds of things with technology (even sharing)! I think the parents were thrilled with their children's progress and even learn quite a few things from them. I would love to try out the video time lapse with my family and friends. I also checked out the story bird site and i bet young families would love this. Not only would they be helping their kids to read but they would be creating something precious.

I love Mr. McCafferty's class blog. He has a lot of links to games that are fun, creative, and of course educational. The first post I was assigned to play was a golfing game with a duck. You have three levels that you can play. You get points, and whacky scenes, by answering the questions right. The questions involve place value and writing large numbers and being able to identify those numbers in numeral form. I played other games he had posted and they were very entertaining! I can't wait to show my little siblings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment