Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Assignment 12

learn from the past. Prepare in the prest. To defend the Future
Well I am a little out of order and behind schedule as the semester nears its close. However, I will finish everything and I will be satisfied knowing that I learned many things and did a little "head faking" this semester. Maybe I will have left behind something that others can use in the future; legacy is what this blog is about. I have looked at other student's blogs A LOT to find inspiration and sometimes just to get a clear idea of what I should blog about. I heavily believe that everyone can and should learn from the past in order to be prepared for and to be able to shape their future. Therefore, my idea for a blogging assignment is to read,explore, and learn about past students of EDM 310 through their blogs. This assignment would work best at the beginning of the semester. I believe this would help new EDM students feel more comfortable with the class, the future assignments, and their own ability. Here it is...

Pt. 1
1)  Go to the EDM 310 Blog and scroll down to the Student Blogs section. You will choose one student each from each of  the past three semesters.

2) Randomly select a name and go to their blog. They should have a post titled Final Reflection (if not, select another student from that semester.) Watch and/or read this post. Consider what they have learned and enjoyed from the class.

3) Write a paragraph for each student summarizing their final reflection (you should have written three paragraphs for this part of the assignment).

Pt. 2
1) Now write one more paragraph about some of the common things said in each video, write about what advice you took to heart and think will be helpful, and what you are looking forward to doing/learning this semester in EDM 310.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I think I'll try it next semester. Did you "do" your suggestion? That was part of the assignment for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr. Strange! I did it but I did not blog about it. I was looking at others' blogs and final reflections when the idea came to me. I will do it and post it though!

    ReplyDelete