Sunday, October 9, 2011

Progress Report Project #11

I started freaking out about this when I realized our report was due this week. I thought 'I need to have a cite setup with all of this info and I have to have a million things on it' until I realized that I don't need a cite with a lists of things I use to gather information. All of the videos helped me to realize this. Thank you PLN video makers!

I have a symbaloo but I don't use it. Instead I use my ipad as my PLN tool. It has everything I need to stay in contact with vital information pertaining to whatever subject I am dealing with. I always have quick access to twitter, facebook, dropbox, delicious, EDM 310 blog, my blog, skype, safari, WebMD, youtube, and if I don't have something then I can easily get from the app store. I actually just used my ipad to check my twitter feed and discovered an app called Algebra Touch thanks to William Chamberlain. I downloaded the free version in no time from the app store and viola! I now have a new educational and fun app thanks to my  PLN's.

I also use my bookmark bar A LOT. Without it I wouldn't be surfing the web; I would be knocked down by the waves.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary,
    My name is Courtney Holifield. I'm in EDM310 as well. I think we have our MA202 class together too. I am very jealous that you have an iPad. I have always wanted one. For my PLN I used symbaloo. I thought it was very useful and easy to understand. I have alot of the same sources on my PLN that you have on your iPad. I have a mac computer and I also use my bookmark bar alot, mostly for stuff unrelated to education. Hope you are enjoying EDM310. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete