Thursday, December 1, 2011

Final Report on PLN

Main tools use in PLN
Well I have been playing around with symbaloo. It is not my favorite, but there are many things that I like about it. The search box in the center is great because I can click on one of my cubes like facebook or the weather and the status pops up in the box. I created my own webmix and I am going to make another with links to teacher blogs and fun activities for the classroom. I am still using my ipad as well as my bookmark bar. I have even saved a few pages on delicious. However, I realize that it doesn't really matter what you use to create your PLN as long as you are collecting valuable and useful information to it frequently.
Speaking of which, here are some of the things I have saved to one or more of my PLN's. One of my favorite activities is Draw a Stickman that I found on a teacher's class blog. He had a lot of games that are great exercises for students (plus they are a lot of fun for anybody).Another spectacular site that we are supposed to blog about this week is Box of Tricks. This is a great place for teachers, students, and well, anybody interested in ways technology is impacting education. I have also saved Mrs. Yollis's class blog. Her blog contains fabulous tips for all about blogging. It is also the perfect example that blogging is great for kids, parents, and teachers. And of course I have added EDM 310 Class Blog.
PLN's are both new and old to me. I have made many in the past, but I never knew what they were called. It is like "head faking" :). I have created LOTS of PLN's this semester in several of my classes. Not all of them are just sites on the internet. My teachers, friends, and classmates are parts of several PLN's.

1 comment:

  1. I got that picture off of a search engine that I found out about on EDM 310 Class Blog! It was under Interesting New Tools for Teachers. Proves that our class blog is a valuable tool :)

    ReplyDelete