Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Assignment 14

box of tricks logo
Technology and Education: Box of Tricks is SO KOOL. :) Jose Picardo has created a fabulous tool that educators should have. It has fascinating articles; I particularly enjoyed the ipad article. THAT is a long list of teacher technological resources. I noticed many programs that we downloaded for EDM 310 were on that list. I added the site to my symbaloo cube. I am also going to show my cousin who is an elementary teacher this site. She really enjoys using technology with her class, and this site would be a great tool for her.
Jose Picardo's Top ten tips... was a great video about what kind of technology educators should use in their classroom. His list made me think about what I have been exposed to in my classes. My French teachers have used music and youtube in many classes. It helps to listen to a native speaker because it helps learners like me articulate different sounds  that are common to that language. We also listened to music in one of my math classes when we took a test because it was calming and helped us concentrate more on the test and less on our nerves. For EDM, I have used everything mentioned on that list (Even if it didn't work entirely correctly). I think using a variety of the things on the list in class is a great idea. With that being said, I find it very odd that I used only one of the things listed in TWO technology classes in high school. Only one for two classes....Hopefully that has changed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things are different now at your high school. Let me know if you find out.

    ReplyDelete